Wildfire Smoke Odor Cleanup
Effective Smoke Odor Removal & Deodorization After a Wildfire
Smoke Cleaning & Deodorization
100% Customer Satisfaction
Emergency Wildfire Smoke Cleanup Services
As a California resident, you’re likely all too aware of the dangers posed by wildfires. Shifting winds and weather patterns mean that a wildfire can change directions in an instant, sending smoke and flames terrifyingly close to your property. Even if the fire doesn’t damage your home or business, there will undoubtedly be a lingering wildfire smoke odor. Not only is this an unpleasant reminder of the surrounding devastation, the wildfire smoke is also a hazard to your health. That’s why Same Day Restoration offers wildfire smoke odor cleanup to make your home habitable again.
The issue with smoke is that it penetrates every inch of the property, even behind cabinets and walls. Attempting to clean visible soot can make a bigger mess, and chances are high that you will not be able to tackle the job on your own. Same Day Restoration’s trained technicians have the equipment, expertise, and methodologies needed to help you with wildfire smoke odor cleanup. Contact us today to eliminate wildfire smoke odors.
24/7 Emergency Wildfire Smoke Odor Cleanup & Deodorization Services
How to Prepare Your Property for a Wildfire
Same Day Restoration cares about the safety of our clients, and as such, we always recommend evacuating if you are instructed to do so. If the blaze has not affected your home, there are some preventative measures you can take to minimize the damage:
Before the Wildfire
- Remove all flammable vegetation (leaves, limbs, twigs, vines) and rubbish from around any building structures. Trim tree limbs within 15 feet of the ground. Mow your grass regularly.
- Contact your power company to ask them to clear branches away from power lines.
- Clear a 10-foot space around propane tanks and grills. Place a screen over the grill. Store gasoline and other flammable materials in a safe location away from the base of buildings.
- Review your homeowner’s insurance policy and make an inventory of your home’s contents, including model numbers for electronics and higher priced items, and measurements for furniture. Take pictures of everything you own to use as a reference, and to help speed up the claim process.
As the Wildfire Approaches
- Close attic eaves, basement vents, windows, doors, and other access points. Cover these with non-combustible coverings to reduce radiant heat.
- Shut off natural gas, propane, and other fuel sources.
- Open the damper on your fireplace, but close the fireplace screen.
- Connect garden hoses to outdoor water faucet and fill pools, hot tubs, garbage cans, tubs or other large containers with water.
- If in doubt, get out! Remember that no possession or structure is greater than your life or the lives of your loved ones. Belongings are replaceable – you are not.
Our Wildfire Smoke Odor Cleanup Process
When wildfire smoke enters your home, soot, smoke particles, and stains are left behind. Coupled with the smoke odor, the cleanup process can feel daunting. Fortunately, Same Day Restoration is always prepared for the job, no matter how extensive the damage. Our wildfire smoke odor cleanup process to remove contaminants and carcinogens is as follows:
The first step to restoring your property from wildfire smoke damage is power washing the exterior. The pressure removes particles that cling to any type of siding and building materials.
Breathing in smoke odor is toxic to your lungs. We place air filtration devices in your property to filter the air. This will help you breathe better.
Next, Same Day Restoration places hydroxyl generators to remove odor. Hydroxyl works similarly to ozone by oxidizing the odor. This happens slowly and can be used in occupied spaces.
Your ventilation system carries air throughout the property. When smoke and soot particles are introduced into the mix, they are spread if not contained. Same Day cleans all HVAC ducts to ensure the smoke odor does not spread even further.
If any of your building materials are contaminated, such as attic insulation, our team will remove and replace these items as needed.
It’s not just your property that will be affected, but also your belongings. We remove all soft contents and store them offsite for dry cleaning. Items such as mattresses, carpets, and upholstery are steam cleaned to remove wildfire smoke odor.
How to Document Wildfire Smoke Damage
Thorough documentation supports your homeowners insurance claim, ensuring the claim is covered to restore your home to its pre-loss condition. Use the following checklist to identify and document smoke damage.
- Document visible damage by taking pictures. Report any resulting health issues to your doctor.
- Be responsive and cooperative with your insurance company’s home inspection and estimate. Both of these items are needed before the claim can be approved for wildfire smoke odor cleanup. Make detailed notes during each interaction.
- Don’t be scared to ask for a second opinion. It is not uncommon to receive different answers and guidance from wildfire smoke odor cleanup professionals. This is important if the company in question is not independent or qualified.
- If in doubt, hire an independent expert. This is particularly important if your insurer is unwilling to pay for adequate inspections and testing. Ask for the denial in writing and remember that it is their legal obligation to perform a full investigation, including hidden wildfire smoke damage.
- Prepare yourself for the possibility that your insurance company will not cover anything beyond visible smoke and ash. This is important to note as interior cleaning can cost upwards of several thousand dollars.
- It may not be possible to salvage all of your belongings. This fact may not be recognized until after cleaning has been attempted. Ask your insurance company for a fair replacement value settlement for any item that is irreplaceable. If it is not possible to clean your belongings, claim the replacement value and the cleaning cost.
- Your insurance company may have a list of approved restoration companies they work with. While this can be helpful, don’t rely on your insurance company’s opinion alone. If you are not satisfied with the work the restoration company recommended by insurance does, seek help from your insurance company to resolve disputes. If the restoration company damages your property, insist that they remedy the problem.
What Our Clients Are Saying
“This team takes customer service to another level, standing behind their work and doing whatever it takes to get the job done right. Great pricing, great service, great results.”
“Same Day Restoration gave me a frame of 1 to 3 p.m. They said cleaner would call 30 mins before arrival. Phil called just after 1 p.m. and showed up before 2 p.m. He Was very nice. He Looked at the job, gave us a quote and got started. He was very professional a did a great job with dog pee infested room. I would highly recommend them. Thank you for helping us so promptly on the same day.”
“Will and Phil came out to clean my balcony of a newly purchased condo in Downtown. The previous tenant left it in pretty bad shape and these guys did a great job cleaning the tiles and the concrete walls too. Thanks!”
Why Choose Same Day Restoration
We offer fixed pricing for all of our wildfire smoke odor cleanup and soot cleaning services, so that YOU can pick whichever service best suits your needs. When you need a professional wildfire smoke damage and fire restoration company, we answer your call and immediately dispatch a technician. Here are a few reasons that you should make Same Day Restoration your first call after a fire:
A+ BBB Rating
80+ 5-star reviews
- 24/7 immediate response
- Responding in 30 minutes or less
- Free inspections
- Family-owned business
- Direct insurance billing
- Indoor air quality improvement
- Owner oversees every job
- Complete insurance restoration
- Satisfaction guaranteed
- 30 years of experience
Schedule A FREE Fire Board Up Inspection